There is no all-purpose answer as it largely depends on the individual viewer’s preferences. However, some of the most popular genres on YouTube include music videos, vlogs (video blogs), gaming videos, and educational content. Music videos are typically among the most-viewed videos on the platform, followed by vlogs and gaming videos. Educational content is also popular on YouTube, although it tends to be more niche than the other genres.
1 Video Tutorials
Video tutorials are one of the most popular types of videos on YouTube. People love watching them because they offer a step-by-step guide on how to do something. They’re also great for people who learn best by seeing and doing.
If you’re planning on making a video tutorial, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, decide what task you’re going to show people how to do. It could be something as simple as changing a light bulb or more complex like building a computer from scratch.
Once you know what your tutorial will be about, start planning out the steps involved. Make sure to film each step clearly so viewers can follow along easily. You may also want to consider adding narration or music to your video to make it more engaging.
When you’re finished filming, edit your video and add any final touches before uploading it to YouTube. Remember to include keywords in your title and description so people can easily find your tutorial when they search for it online.
2 Ask Me Anything (AMA) Videos
An AMA video is a type of video in which someone answers questions from viewers. The questions can be about anything, and the person answering them is usually an expert on the subject. AMA videos are popular on YouTube because they allow viewers to get information from experts without having to search for it themselves. They can also be entertaining, as the person answering the questions often has a sense of humor.
3 Whiteboard Videos
There are an endless number of whiteboard videos on YouTube, but we’ve compiled the top three most popular ones for your viewing pleasure. From the history of the universe to how to make a perfect cup of coffee, these educational and entertaining videos will have you glued to your screen.
1. The History of Everything in 6 Minutes: This informative video from Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell starts with the Big Bang and takes you on a journey through time and space, all in just six minutes. Learn about our place in the universe, how life began on Earth, and the evolution of humans – it’s all explained in this fascinating whiteboard animation.
2. How To Make A Perfect Cup Of Coffee: If you’re looking for tips on making that morning cup of joe just right, look no further than this video from HowToBasic. He walks you through every step of making coffee, from choosing the right beans to adding just the right amount of milk and sugar. By following his simple instructions, you’ll be able to make a delicious cup that will wake you up and get your day started off right.
3. Why Do We Dream?: Dreams are still something of a mystery to science, but this whiteboard video from AsapSCIENCE does a great job at explaining some possible theories behind why we dream. Learn about different types of dreams, what they might mean, and how they could possibly help us solve problems while we sleep – it’s all very fascinating stuff!
4 Listicle Videos
Listicles are a popular type of video on YouTube, and for good reason! They’re usually fun and informative, and can be easily digestible for viewers. Plus, they often offer a unique perspective or take on a topic that you might not find anywhere else.
So, if you’re looking for some list icle inspiration, here are four of the most popular types of list icle videos on YouTube:
Top 10 Lists: These videos countdown the top 10 (or more) of just about anything you can think of, from the best pranks gone wrong to the most outrageous celebrity meltdowns. If you can dream up a top 10 list, there’s probably already a video about it on YouTube!
How-To Lists: Have you ever wanted to know how to do something but didn’t know where to start? There’s probably a how-to list icle for that! These videos offer step-by-step instructions (usually with accompanying visuals) for everything from fixing common household objects to mastering complex magic tricks. Whether you’re looking to learn something new or just want a little entertainment, these videos are sure to please.
Product Reviews: Everyone loves a good product review, and there are plenty of them on YouTube! From tech gadgets to beauty products and everything in between, if there’s something you’re thinking about buying, chances are there’s already a video out there breaking it down for you. These types of videos can be especially helpful when trying to decide whether or not to splurge on that must-have item.
5 Product Reviews
1. GoPro HERO4 Black
2. Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR Camera Kit 3. Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera Kit 4. Sony a 7 s II Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera 5. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7KK DSLM Camera.
6 Educational Videos
1. How-to videos: These videos provide viewers with step-by-step instructions on how to do something, such as how to bake a cake or how to change a tire.
2. Informational videos: These videos offer viewers facts and information about topics such as history, science, or current events.
3. Entertainment videos: These videos are meant to entertain viewers and can include music videos, comedy sketches, or film trailers.
4. Instructional videos: These types of videos teach viewers how to do something, such as play an instrument or speak a foreign language.
5. Educational Videos: These types of video are created for the purpose of teaching viewers about a certain subject matter in an educational setting such as in a classroom or online course. They can be lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, or even animations explaining complex concepts clearly and concisely.. 6 Documentary films: Documentary films tackle real world subjects and often present new information or points of view on familiar topics.
7 Challenge Videos
There are all sorts of challenge videos on YouTube, from fun and silly ones to more serious and daring feats. Here are seven popular types of challenge videos that viewers just can’t seem to get enough of:
1. The Ice Bucket Challenge
This challenge involves pouring a bucket of ice cold water over your head, often in aid of charity. It went viral a few years ago and has since been done by countless people, including many celebrities.
2. The Cinnamon Challenge
This challenge is not for the faint-hearted! Involving eating a spoonful of ground cinnamon in under 60 seconds without drinking any water, it quickly became a popular (and somewhat dangerous) internet trend.
3. The 10-Year Challenge
This recent challenge encourages people to post side-by-side photos of themselves from 10 years ago and now, showing how much they’ve changed over time. It’s been taken up by millions of social media users and has even spawned some humorous memes.
4. The Lip Sync Challenge
This one is for all the budding singers out there! The lip sync challenge involves filming yourself lip syncing to a popular song – extra points if you can do it in an creative or funny way.
5. The Mannequin Challenge
This viral phenomenon swept the internet a few years ago and saw groups of people frozen like mannequins while someone filmed them set to hip hop song “Black Beatles” by Rae Sremmurd.
6. The Bottle Flip Challenge
One for all the bottle flippers out there (you know who you are)! Inspired by teen YouTube star Mike Senatore, this simple but addictive challenge involves flipping a water bottle so that it lands upright on the floor – no easy feat!
7. The Rice Krispies Treats Challenge
In this tasty challenge, participants have to see how many Rice Krispies treats they can eat in one minute without using their hands… good luck!
8 Unboxing Videos
There’s something strangely satisfying about watching someone unbox a new product. Maybe it’s the element of suspense, or the opportunity to ogle a shiny new gadget. Whatever the reason, unboxing videos are some of the most popular content on YouTube.
If you’re not familiar with the phenomenon, an unboxing video is simply a video where someone opens up a new product and shows off all its features. Sometimes the “unboxer” will provide commentary and their initial thoughts on the product, but often it’s just pure ASMR pleasure.
There are hundreds of thousands of unboxing videos on YouTube, covering everything from smartphones to toys to food. And while most of them are complete snoozefests, there are some that are actually worth watching.
Here are eight great unboxing videos that will give you your fix:
1. The i phone X Unboxing Video by Marques Brownlee
Marques Brownlee is one of YouTube’s most popular tech reviewers, and his i phone X unboxing video is top-notch. He does a great job of walking viewers through all of the phone’s features and showing off its impressive design. If you’re thinking about picking up an i phone X, this is a must-watch video.