There are numerous advantages of planning your content ahead Using a dedicated tool or spreadsheet document, you can plan the content for the coming months and create a detailed list of content type with their corresponding posting dates. This allows you to keep track of what has already been published and what is to be posted in the future.
Moreover, similar to content planning, post scheduling involves creating a specific schedule for each individual article or social media post you plan on sharing with your audience over the upcoming weeks / months. Scheduling your posts ahead of time allows you to get more out of your time by optimizing your efforts whenever possible.
By focusing on creating valuable content that resonates with readers, you are more likely to attract a larger audience and generate leads over the long term. Creating a content calendar is an excellent way to ensure that you’re posting interesting content frequently enough, and at times when it’s most relevant for your audience.
Below are ten simple tips to help you maximize your content creation and delivery:
1. Decide on the type of content your business needs and define the necessary frequency of publication for each category of content. For example, different types of blog posts may require different frequencies and lengths at various times throughout the year. The creation of occasional informative blog posts may require more effort than other types of content like social media posts.
2. Consider which combination of social media, content and email marketing will best suit your business. On the basis of your specific business goals you will need to define how much time should be spent on social media, content and email marketing, as well as how this time needs to be distributed over the year.
3. Work with your team and delegate duties for each type of content creation within the period that has been determined during the planning process. It is very important to set priorities and assign duties according to a clear plan. It is also important to make sure that the responsibilities of each content creator are clearly defined.
4. Assemble the created content calendars into an overall digital calendar for easy access and visibility among all team members. You may also wish to set up a regular meeting / conference to go over what has been achieved and what tasks need to be accomplished over a given period of time.
5. It is essential to regularly assess the content calendar’s effectiveness on a monthly or weekly basis and change it in light of the results gathered by comparing your plans with reality. Use this information to improve your processes (e.g. if the planned time spent on content creation is not enough, you can either add more tasks to the calendar or reshuffle duties among your team members).
6. Try to avoid setting dates too close to the publication date as this may cause unnecessary stress for your entire team. It is also important to keep in mind that content needs to be published within a certain timeframe, which may vary in particular circumstances, such as if you are planning on launching a new product or service at some point over the course of the year.
7. Monitor analytics for each post according to the specific marketing goals targeted by the content created on a regular basis in order to improve or modify it if necessary (e.g. increase likes, shares or opt-ins). This allows you to evaluate the overall quality of your content, which will enable you to determine whether or not the created content calendar is working effectively.
8. Always keep in mind that publishing too often is not always the best strategy for getting more leads or sales. There is a fine line between posting too frequently and not posting enough. As in the case of most things, moderation is key.
9. Remember that the content and posts you create have to fit in with the overall identity of your business, while being sensible and easily understood by a variety of your target audience. You should therefore always make sure that the tone and style of your writing is consistent across all of your content, in order to maintain a specific brand image and attract potential leads.
10. Use social media scheduling tools to schedule posts via Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn (e.g. Buffer). These tools can help you save time on social media by letting you schedule posts ahead of time without having to actually be online at the given time for publishing purposes. These tools can also help you automate sharing across multiple platforms if needed.
Post scheduling tools
There are numerous tools and software available for you to schedule content on the basis of your business’ needs and objectives. Below are a few tools that you can use to effectively post content on your site:
HootSuite allows users to create custom schedules for different types of posts using either social media, content, or email marketing. For all three options, automatic posting is also possible. The tool also features a blog platform with analytics and an option to mention the author in order to create free signals for search engines.
Buffer allows users to schedule any type of content from a variety of sources including social media posts, blog posts, photos and videos. For content scheduling, users are able to manually schedule posts through a specific calendar or by sharing the necessary link. A unique feature of Buffer is its ‘Smart Schedule’ function that analyzes the optimal times to post for each account.
Both HootSuite and Buffer are highly effective and should be able to meet all your needs at the start of your business’ growth. Both tools offer paid plans which will tremendously help with posting automation.
Marketing hooks and tactics
Using social media to engage with your audience can be a great way to create a community and encourage engagement. It’s important as a business to have regular contact with your audience, and having an effective strategy in place will help ensure you are reaching out when it matters most.
Here are some scenario-based social media strategies that you can use:
Examine the user’s comment and engage with them. Commenting on their post can help you build relationships with followers. Make sure that your response is valuable to them, not just all about marketing your product or service.
If you have some free samples of your product, surprise and delight your audience with some samples! You can use social media to tell people that they will get something in return for following you or giving you their email address.
Share posts from other brands that are relevant to yours. Use other brands as inspiration, and share posts for the sole purpose of educating people about a subject they are interested in. However don’t overshare about other companies because that can harm your brand.